Health and Welfare Plan BenefitTabs™
You may contact an experienced registered nurse for immediate and reliable answers to their health questions 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Nurses are ready to provide members with information that can help them choose care that's appropriate for their situation. The nurses are trained to offer callers:
- Health information - A better understanding of health concerns and chronic conditions, education about possible treatment options to help patients make informed decisions and suggestions for preparing for doctor appointments.
- Healthcare assistance - Guidance in understanding and choosing the most appropriate types of health care such as hospital, home health and long term care, and help evaluating services.
- Assistance with questions about medical tests, medications and living with chronic conditions.
- Preventive and self-care measures - Helpful tips for taking care of minor injuries at home, such as a twisted ankle or a common illness like colds or the flu.
- Online Assistance - Engage in a one-on-one personal Internet dialogue with a registered nurse 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Members get immediate answers to their general health questions and research assistance. The online nurses can also refer members to health information, resources and member programs on blueshieldca.com.